My friends are all fabulous cooks, so when we get together 95% of the time it is a potluck… and we spend 50% of the get together explaining to new arrivals what all the dishes are on the table! So when I came across this idea on pinterest I knew I had to make them. When I debuted them at a recent gathering, they were a huge hit – I think I found this year’s DIY Christmas presents!
- Wooden craft pieces (I got mine at Michael’s for just a few $$)
- Wooden clothespins
- Wood glue
- Chalkboard paint
- Paint or sponge brush
For string labels
- Strong hole punch or hammer/nail
- String, ribbon, or cord of your choice
It really couldn’t be simpler!
- Paint both sides of the wooden piece with a few layers of paint, letting dry in between
- Once dry, glue onto clothespins, or punch holes and thread the string
- Clip/tie onto your masterpiece of gastronomy and walk away, because you don’t have to explain what it is!